Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I thought I’d bring a blog today saying some of the things I am thankful for. I, like a lot of people, take things for granted and never show my true appreciation. So, I will try to make up from that with this post.
- Family. My family and I, we don’t always get along, or see eye to eye on everything. Most of that is me. I do love my family. I am very thankful for the family that I have, close or not close. They help keep me strong in times of weakness, and I try my best to return that favor.
- My Best Friend. Now, I give this title to a few different people for different reasons. But, going back to family, all in all, my grandpa is my best friend. I look at it this way. This man, when I was born, took me in and raised me as his own. He adopted me when I was 14. He’s done so much to me that he did not have to do. He gave me shelter, food, and support. The hardest time in my life was in high school going through depression from losing my grandma, who was his wife, and like a mom to me. I had to look him in the eyes and ask for help. This man is the toughest man I know. A marine, a great father, and a better friend. To this day, he still supports me, financially and emotionally, when I need it. He says that’s what a father is for, and that may be true. But he is my best friend, hands down.
- My Friends. I have some of the greatest friends in the world. My friends have been there for me through thick and thin. I don’t give them the appreciation they deserve. My friends are the types of people where if I need help, I just call and they are there. I love my friends, and will always be grateful to have them in my life. I hope they understand that.
- My life. This could probably be number one, but family and friends, to me, deserve that spot. My life is pretty incredible. At times, seems over bearing, and sometimes I feel like I won’t make it through. At 23, I am living on my own, have my own cats, and for the first time in my life, I feel like I have control. And that is the best feeling in the world.
- My job. I work at AAA as a product specialist. This is the first job I’ve held for a year. It’s the first job where I have co-workers that feel like family. I feel like I actually belong. I’ve never had that.
- Music. This one might seem kind of weird. But music has gotten me through everything tough in my life. From Garth Brooks to Taylor Swift to Falling in Reverse. Every form of music I love and embrace. Lyrics mean something to me. I write because I feel like I have something to say, and writing poetry when I was younger was how I said what I needed. And now here I am, on my own blog. Awesome feelings.
- My grandma (mom). I mentioned above that my grandma passed away. I was 12. She was like my mom. She was my rock, and losing her destroyed me for a good while. I put her on this list because 11 years later, I am still thankful that I had her in my life, and I forever will have her in my life. I’d like to think she’d be very proud of me. I miss her everyday, but she is still with me every day.
That is my life of some of the things I am thankful for, not just this year, but every year. I love everyone who reads this blog, and everyone who’s there to go through life with me.
Thank you very, very much for giving me this life that I live, and allowing me to be simply myself.